August 8th ‘Join the Jaguars’
It’s that time again… time to get registered for the fall semester of school. The University of Houston-Victoria is making it easier than ever this year.
New and returning University of Houston-Victoria students can take care of several enrollment-related steps all at once by attending a new event designed to make it easy to get ready for the fall semester. According to the Victoria Advocate, “Join The Jaguars” will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Aug. 8 in the Multi-Purpose Room of University Center, 3007 N. Ben Wilson St. The event is free. Advance registration is not required.
This event is intended for any prospective students, current students, current applicants or transfer students. Representatives from each of the UHV academic schools and all student service departments will be in attendance. During Join The Jaguars students can:
• Fill out an admission application Fill out an admission application
• Register for courses Register for courses
• Talk with an advisor Talk with an advisor
• Apply for financial aid Apply for financial aid
• Sign up for student housing Sign up for student housing
• Make a fee payment Make a fee payment
• Learn about Student Life activities Learn about Student Life activities
• Take a campus tour Take a campus tour
“This is an event for anyone who needs information about UHV or needs help with a process toward getting enrolled,” said Denee Thomas, UHV senior director of enrollment management. “We want to make processes easy for students, and want to provide a one-stop opportunity for anyone with questions.”
Students who are transferring from another school, or who are heading back to college, can bring a copy of their unofficial transcripts for onsite advising or registration. Any necessary immunization documentation – including a record of the state-required bacterial meningitis vaccine for students under age 30 – can also be brought along.
The fall semester begins Aug. 27