101 Reasons You Should Live In Texas At Least Once In Your Life
I saw this posted on Facebook recently, and thought it was great! As one who "wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as fast as I could," I find most of these to be pretty spot-on! For those who don't or haven't lived here, you should come visit Texas...and see why so many agree: "Texas got it right!"
I'm just posting the first 10 here; the rest can be found at the link below from buzzfeed.com:
1. Queso. To be honest, the existence of queso is reason enough to live in Texas, but we’ll give you a few more just for fun.
2. Blue Bell ice cream for days.
3. Honey Butter Chicken Biscuits from Whataburger. AKA your new favorite thing to eat that is actually terrible for your heart, but is so good for your soul.
4. Breakfast tacos. EVERY DAMN DAY.
5. Tex-Mex in general.
6. BBQ, obviously. And understanding what “BBQ” actually means. (Hint: It’s not “grilling.”)
7. Mambo Taxis from Mi Cocina: frozen margaritas mixed with frozen sangria and just a pinch of “wait, what happened last night?”
8. Drinking Dr. Pepper like it’s water.
9. Late-night drunken Taco Cabana runs.
10. Pecan pralines.
What would you add to that list? Check out the remaining reasons here: