More of Riverside Park Has Closed As Guadalupe River Rises
THE LATEST RIVER LEVELS FOR THE GUADALUPE IN VICTORIA:
At 8:15 AM CDT Monday the stage was 28.6 feet. - Forecast...The river is expected to rise to a crest of 28.9 feet tomorrow morning. It will then fall below flood stage Thursday afternoon. - Flood stage is 21.0 feet.
At 28.8 feet, Moderate flooding causes water to flow over Slayton Avenue and Memorial Drive and starts flowing from the West Outfall toward Constitution and Craig Streets. Water is over Constitution and Craig Street and over areas west of Moody Street between Water and Constitution Streets. Water is also flowing over McCright and flowing into the golf course.
The City of Victoria Parks & Recreation has closed additional areas of Riverside Park due to flooding.
The following areas are closed to vehicles and pedestrians:
- McCright Drive between the Memorial Rose Garden and Riverside Golf Course (including Grover’s Bend and Pebble Beach)
- McCright Drive between its north and south intersections with Memorial Drive (including Fox’s Bend)
- The boat ramp
- The RV Park
- John F. Lee Drive
- Young Drive (behind The Texas Zoo)
- Red River Street between Vine Street and Memorial Drive
- Bluff Street between Red River Street and Nueces Street
The Texas Zoo and Riverside Golf Course remain open and accessible via Stayton Avenue/Memorial Drive at the south end of the park.
Parks & Recreation staff will monitor the weather and the river level to determine whether additional closures will be needed. Residents should not attempt to enter barricaded areas.
For more information about Parks & Recreation facilities, visit www.victoriatx.gov/parks.