Things I Learned From My Latest Move
Many thousands of our loyal blog readers have been following the saga of my move from El Campo to Victoria over the past few weeks. Thanks to all of you for your kind words, advice and encouragement. Here are a few things I learned from this latest “adventure in moving.”
- Moving is anything BUT an adventure. It’s a royal pain.
- Where did all of this stuff come from?
- Where did all of the stuff we REALLY need now go?
- I must now find places to put things to get them out of the way, so I can put other things where they really need to be.
- Regardless of the fact that this house is nearly twice as big (square-footage-wise) as our old house, there still isn’t enough room for a lot of our stuff.
- Perhaps a yard sale would have been in order before we moved, but who had the time to plan and execute one? Not me.
- It’s nice to not have to commute an hour to-and-from work, but I still have to get up awfully early in the morning.
So, if anyone needs me this weekend, I’ll be unpacking boxes, moving stuff around to make room for the stuff that needs to be where the other stuff was before I moved it, and then figuring out where to put the stuff that got moved to make room for some more stuff.