The Millionaire Pie
Not only is Lorin our fantastic intern, but she is also a force to be reckoned with when it comes to bringing tasty desserts to the station! Check out her Millionaire Pie recipe just in time for the holidays!
Even if you’re not a millionaire, this pie has ingredients so delicious that once combined, they will make you feel like one. If you missed when we went live on Facebook, you can watch us try it out. This pie was just one of many offered at the restaurant chain Furr’s, offering a cafeteria-style dining experience. Our love for this pie grew once my grandma introduced us to her infatuation with it. Once the location in Victoria closed, my mom, surprised her for her birthday with the dupe, or copy-cat recipe of the pie she loved so dearly. Needless to say, the rest is history and this dessert makes a debut at almost every holiday or birthday celebration we have.
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup of sugar
- 8 oz can of pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 1 cupped chopped pecans
- 8 oz carton of whipped topping, thawed
- 1 prepared 9-inch pastry shell
Making the magic:
- Whip together the softened cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer, letting the mixer run for 3 or 4 minutes on high speed.
- Stir the crushed pineapple, coconut, and pecans into the cream cheese mixture, mixing well.
- Fold in half of the container of whipped topping, saving the rest for the topping.
- Pour filling into the prepared pie crust and chill for at least 2 hours, uncovered.
Hopefully, you enjoy making this, as much as you love eating it.