Tony Stewart ‘Smoke Show’ Returns to Texas Motor Speedway
Three-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion Tony Stewart is back after last year’s season-ending injury and so is the annual “Smoke Show” fantasy stock car camp at Texas Motor Speedway following a one-year hiatus that resulted from his mishap. According to a news release from Texas Motor Speedway, the sixth edition of the Tony Stewart “Smoke Show” is set for Tuesday, Sept. 23, and it will have a new look as the event that benefits Speedway Children’s Charities-Texas Chapter will move to the evening as participants will run under the lights of Texas Motor Speedway’s high-banked, 1.5-mile oval for the first time.
Stewart’s popularity and the unique opportunity to drive a stock car on a world-class superspeedway have made this annual affair the most successful single-day charity event for the Texas Chapter. The “Smoke Show” has raised more than $1 million in just its five years of existence and the funds have been used to help children throughout North Texas.
The evening format will shuffle the traditional day schedule as participants will arrive at 2:30 p.m. CT and spend the next nine hours getting the opportunity to walk in the shoes of a NASCAR driver during a typical race day, drive competitive laps in a stock car on Texas Motor Speedway and interact with Stewart throughout the event.
The “Smoke Show” features:
- Personalized lockers and a personalized “Smoke Show” driver’s suit
- Drivers’ meeting & Q&A with Stewart
- Pre-race driver introductions on stage
- Two 10-lap competitive lap sessions in a Team Texas stock car with personalized instruction from Stewart and a video keepsake of your drive
- A Victory Lane celebration where you join Stewart to celebrate with the AAA Texas 500 trophy while wearing a winner’s felt cowboy hat and firing off the pistols just like the NASCAR Sprint Cup winners do at Texas Motor Speedway
- Riding shotgun as Stewart gives you a stimulating, three-lap run around Texas Motor Speedway in a Team Texas two-seater stock car
All participants also will enjoy lunch and dinner that is highlighted by a Q&A and autograph session with Stewart as well as an auction of several unique items related to the NASCAR superstar.
Speedway Children’s Charities-Texas offers multiple pricing packages to participate in the “Smoke Show,” beginning at $6,000. The event is limited to 30 participants.
To purchase a spot for the “Smoke Show” or for additional information, please call the Speedway Children’s Charities-Texas office at (817) 215-8421.