Victoria College SAIL graduates honored at May 31 ceremony
Victoria College recognized four of its SAIL Adult Education Program students with Distinguished Student Awards during a 2018-19 graduation ceremony at VC’s Emerging Technology Complex on May 31. The students were, seated from left, Alexandra Arredondo, Aaron Resendez, Vilma Negrette and Angelino Zavala. Standing from left are Cindy Buchholz, vice president of instruction; Tiffany Johnson, VC adult education director; Nadine Henschen, adult education career navigator; Sandra Gonzalez, VC adult education instructor; and Eden Casal, VC adult education SAIL project manager.
Four earn Distinguished Student Awards
Ninety-four students of Victoria College’s Student Accelerating through Integrated Learning (SAIL) Adult Education Program received their certificates of completion during a graduation ceremony on May 31 at the Conference & Education Center of VC’s Emerging Technology Complex.
SAIL training allows students to improve their basic education skills while at the same time being enrolled in workforce training classes at Victoria College. Students who complete the training with a certification simultaneously work to obtain their GED.
Alexandra Arredondo, Aaron Resendez, Vilma Negrette and Angelino Zavala were the recipients of Distinguished Student Awards.
Following are students who received certificates of completion:
- Medical Assisting – Lesley Armendariz, Elizabeth McNutt, Carolina Puente and Carina Rodriguez
- Nurse Aide – Vanessa Almaguer, Leticia Alvarado, Alexandra Arredondo, Guadalupe Baladez, Caitlin Burger, Miracle Ramos and Marisol Vallejo
- Phlebotomy – Michael Flores, Jessica Grimaldo, Alysia Gutierrez, Laura Laguna, Joshua Lopez, Sandra Mendez, Adreina Palacios, Daniel Peralez Jr., Shakeyla Perkins, Claudia Reyes, Ashley Sanchez and Sarah Terrell
- Office Support Staff – Li Chen, Tammy Herron, Ramon Mazuca Lira, Vilma Negrette, Huong Nguyen, Tuyet Pham, Elizabeth Ramos Mazuca, Magali Salinas, Sylvia Salinas, San Juana Santillan, Karim Seydou Tekoy, Sonia Vasquez and Ingrid Zafra Reina
- Learning Frameworks – Brandi Carreon, Jason Garcia, Candice Howard, Crystal Macias, Angela M. Martinez and Angelino Zavala
- Welding – Juan Gutierrez, Alex Langston, Annie Lewis, Ernest Packard II, Rosa Pez, Aaron Resendez, Alexandro Reyes Jr., Eduardo Silva, Kenneth Simms and Raul Vargas III
- Electrical – Richard Cruz, Manuel Duran Jr., Lorenzo Romero, Robert Sanchez III and Cruz Suarez
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) – Linda Cordova and Victor Duran Salazar
- Millwright – Kristian Gaitan, Desi Nava and Carlos Sanchez
- Plumbing – Rebecca Valderrama
- Truck Driving – John Sanchez
- Core Curriculum Introductory Craft Skills – Florentino Amador III, Richardo Banda, Matthew Black, Jose Cano, Donovan Cervantes, Marcus Clay, Juan DeAnda, Alfred Diaz Jr., Isaiah Fair, Nathaniel Flores, Kristopher Ford, Joe Garcia, Trey Holley, Arliss Iles, Wyatt Iles, Donald McMahon Jr., Marcus Mejia, Roberto Melgarejo Carreon, Paul Meza, Cecilio Ortiz, Jose Rangel Jr., Nikolas Rendon, Jacob Solis, Joseph Tapia, Lee Vega, Damian Vela, Ernesto Villanueva Contreras and Aaron Williams
For information on Victoria College’s SAIL Adult Education Program, call (361) 573-7323.
Did you attend Victoria College? Please let us know. We are looking for a family with the longest generation who has attended Victoria College. Please submit your family's journey below. Winner will receive a prize pack from Victoria College.