Luke Bryan Declaring ‘What Makes You Country’ With New Album
Luke Bryan has announced the upcoming release of a new album titled What Makes You Country.
The superstar dropped the big news in a pre-recorded spot during Good Morning America on Friday morning (Oct. 6). What Makes You Country is set for release on Dec. 8.
Jeff Stevens and Jody Stevens teamed to produce What Makes You Country, and Bryan co-wrote 7 of the album's 15 new songs, working with top Nashville songwriters including Dallas Davidson, Ashley Gorley, Brad Tursi, Zach Crowell, the Warren Brothers and more.
"My favorite part of making a new album is getting to collaborate with the songwriting community in this town," Bryan says in a press release. "It is important to me to continue to push myself to grow on all levels and I feel like we did that on this project. Making and performing music never gets old and I can honestly say I am having the time of my life. I will be forever grateful to every fan who sings along each night."
The album is Bryan's sixth studio album and his first since Kill the Lights in 2015. The first single from What Makes You Country, "Light It Up," is already at country radio, and Bryan has just released a lyric video for the song.
Too Sick for Luke Bryan? Not This Girl
Bryan tells Taste of Country that What Makes You Country features a duet with a female artist, but he hasn't said who. The album also includes a song titled “Pick It Up,” which is dedicated to his sons.
“When you start having a family and boys, they certainly influence who you are as a person and as an artist,” Bryan says in an interview with Taste of Country Nights. “I’ve got a song on there that talks about my relationship with my boys, giving them some life lessons and stuff. It’s a feel-good song.”
GMA also gave fans a sneak peek of the What Makes You Country digital campaign. The video enlists Bryan's fans, all-star friends and people from all walks of life sharing what "country" means to them. Fans can watch the first installment of the video series at the campaign's official website and share their own videos online using the hashtag #WhatMakesMeCountry.
Luke Bryan, What Makes You Country Track Listing:
1. "What Makes You Country" (Luke Bryan, Dallas Davidson, Ashley Gorley)
2. "Out of Nowhere" (Luke Bryan, Dallas Davidson, Ashley Gorley)
3. "Light It Up" (Luke Bryan, Brad Tursi)
4. "Most People Are Good" (David Frasier, Ed Hill, Josh Kear)
5. "Sunrise, Sunburn, Sunset" (Zach Crowell, Ryan Hurd, Chase McGill)
6. "Bad Lovers" (Justin Wilson, Dallas Davidson, Kyle Fishman)
7. "Drinking Again" (David Lee Murphy, Brad Warren, Brett Warren)
8. "Land of a Million Songs" (Luke Bryan, Jeff Stevens, Jody Stevens)
9. "Like You Say You Do" (Luke Bryan, Michael Carter, Ashley Gorley)
10. "Hooked on It" (Luke Bryan, Dallas Davidson, David Lee Murphy)
11. "She’s a Hot One" (Michael Carter, Chase McGill)
12. "Hungover in a Hotel Room" (Rodney Clawson, Chris Tompkins, Josh Kear)
13. "Pick It Up" (Luke Bryan, Rodney Clawson, Matthew Dragstrem)
14. "Driving This Thing" (Rhett Akins, Ben Hayslip, Jody Stevens)
15. "Win Life" (Rodney Clawson, Ross Copperman, Nicolle Galyon)
This Is What We Want to See From Luke Bryan on American Idol
See Luke Bryan's Sexiest Pictures Over the Years!