Josh Turner is Coming to Concrete Street
Here is another great Country show coming to our area. Josh Turner is coming to Concrete Steet in Corpus on Friday, June 11th. Tickets are on sale now. Mike Ryan and Robert Ray will open the show on the Pavillion stage. Be sure you are listening to Jp and Ingra Lee during the morning show on KIXS108 for your chance to win tickets to this concert experience.
For nearly two decades, Turner has been one of country music’s most recognizable voices, selling more than 8.5 million units and amassing more than 2.5 billion global streams. Of course, Josh Turner is known for his super-deep voice. Some of his biggest hits are, 'Your Man,' 'Would You Go With Me' and 'Long Black Train.'
It's time to get to know Josh Turner. Check out these five facts about Josh Turner that you might not know about.
- His musical influences include Hank Williams, Randy Travis, John Anderson, Johnny Cash, and Vern Gosdin.
- He made his public singing debut in the church at age 5 with the song "Arky Arky."
- He developed a vocal lesion in the mid-'90s, due in part to working around chemicals in an agricultural warehouse. He had to cease singing for a year while it healed.
- He was a classmate of American Idol contestant Melinda Doolittle at Belmont University.
- He wrote breakthrough hit "Long Black Train" after listening to a Hank Williams box set while at the Belmont library.
Jon Pardi will also be performing at Concrete Street on October 2nd. Live music is back!
LOOK: Here are the 50 best beach towns in America