You Can Still Vote in Texas Without a Photo ID
There has been a lot of debate about whether a photo ID should be a requirement to vote, and for this Presidential election on November 8th, Texas has made it easier to vote without one.
If you have a photo ID, that is preferred when you go to cast your ballot, but there are some alternatives. According to the Secretary of State's office, the following may be used.
- Voter registration certificate (the card mailed to you shortly after you register to vote)
- Certified birth certificate (original)
- Current utility bill (copy or original)
- Bank statement (copy or original)
- Government check (copy or original)
- Paycheck (copy or original)
Early voting is underway through November 4th. Now you know so, no matter who you like this election, make sure to cast your vote!