Anybody out there remember jukeboxes? In every cafe, club, bar, dancehall, or place where people gathered, there used to be a machine that played records. What are records? That's another subject for another time. Nowadays there is something called a 'CD Jukebox' (which, by the way, is already obsolete). Anyway, you used to put your coin (or coins) into the machine, select the song you wanted to hear, and it would play it for you. Now there is 'TouchTunes Interactive Networks' with 50,000 music systems in venues all over the country.
Jason Aldean’s “Dirt Road Anthem” is the year’s most-played song on jukeboxes, according to a list just released by TouchTunes Interactive Networks. CMT Daily Roundup reports, the list is based on the 900-thousand songs that were played on the company’s 50-thousand music systems in venues around the country this past year. Other country songs that made the list include Eric Church’s “Smoke a Little Smoke,” Zac Brown Band’s “Chicken Fried,” Luke Bryan’s “Country Girl (Shake It For Me)” and Kenny Chesney’s “Somewhere With You.”
1. Jason Aldean – "Dirt Road Anthem"
2. Adele – "Rolling in the Deep"
3. Eric Church – "Smoke A Little Smoke"
4. Kid Rock – "All Summer Long"
5. Zac Brown Band – "Chicken Fried"
6. Jeremih feat. 50 Cent – "Down On Me"
7. Steve Earle – "Copperhead Road"
8. Luke Bryan – “Country Girl (Shake It for Me)"
9. Kenny Chesey – "Somewhere With You"
10. Nickelback – "Rockstar"
We play several of these songs and artists every day on KIXS 108. It's free.