City of Victoria Needs Lifeguards
Anywhere from 50 to 300 people visit the Gary T. Moses Municipal Pool per day from June through August. The city of Victoria needs nine lifeguards to open June 5 but can hire a total of 12 more. Lifeguards with one to three years of paid lifeguard experience will be eligible to receive $150 at the end of the season, says the Victoria Advocate.
American Red Cross Lifeguard Training prerequisites are as follows;
• Must be at least 15 years old
• Swim 300 yards continuously, demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing
• Tread water for two minutes using only the legs
• Complete a timed event within one minute, 40 seconds
• Starting in the water, swim 20 yards
• Surface dive, feet-first or head-first, to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object
• Surface and swim 20 yards on back with both hands holding object, exit the water without using a ladder or steps
Source: Victoria Family YMCA
Apply online at victoriatx.org by clicking on “Job Openings.” For more information, contact the Human Resources Department at 361-485-3500.