Community

Art Car Parade
This Saturday it's the fourth annual Art Car Parade in downtown Victoria.  Come on out at 11:30 for the parade on Main Street and then check out the exhibit at the Nave Museum.  This is an exhibit of new photography, also featuring Art Car models created by VISD students...
Victoria Generals Add to Roster
The Victoria Generals are getting ready for this year's Texas Collegiate League season with the addition of players from Rice University and Steven F. Austin.
Infielder Chad Tatum joins the team from Rice and pitchers Austin Smith and Chris Hassold come from Steven F...
Light It Up Blue
As many of you know April is Autism Awareness month.  The crossroads area will show their support in a big way at DeLeon Plaza in downtown Victoria.  This will be the second annual event.  There will be many resources for families and children living with autism and as the darkness fa…
Traumatic Brain Awareness Event
Last night I was on hand as I provided sound and emcee services for this sentimental event.  It was very emotional for families that live with someone that has this.  The support the local community showed was AWESOME.  Green glowsticks filled the crowd while balloons were released to…
Five Victoria Generals Return for 2015 Season
Baseball is in the air! The UHV Jaguars have been at it , Major League Baseball is just 2 weeks away and, the Victoria Generals are gearing up for the 2015 campaign that starts in May.
Now the Generals are making moves to help them in another run for the Texas collegiate league Championship with the …
Victoria Alliance Public Forum Today
Join Victoria Alliance for their 3rd public forum today at 5:30pm at the Victoria East High School Cafeteria, 4103 East Mockingbird Lane in Victoria. Participants will work to build a better community together by defining the success of the project.
Victoria Film Fest
Catch Anthony, from the Victoria Indie Film Fest tomorrow on the JP in the Morning show.  He will be giving you all the info that you wanted to know about the film fest.  How to buy tickets and will talk about a couple of the features that will be screened...
A Battle No One Chooses
Kaitlyn Jankovsky was diagnosed on August 3,2014 at the age of 13 with Leukemia. Come out this Monday, March 2nd and help Kaitlyn get through this battle. Wilkinson Pre-Owned in Victoria will hold the blood drive March 2nd and Wilkinson Chevrolet  in Refugio will hold a blood drive March 6th...
Catch Me At The Stockshow On Thursday
On Thursday I will be on another KIXS roadshow at the Victoria Livestock Show.  Catch me on location Thursday from 12-1 as part of the ribbon cutting ceremony.  Thursday marks the "official"  start of the Livestock show! Come check out all the vendors, bring the kids…

Load More Articles